Sunday, August 28, 2011

Weekend Project

On Thursday Maddox and I headed to Opelika to spend the weekend with my family and go to a friend's wedding.  We had such a great time and got to have lots of quality time with family.  Daniel decided to stay here for a couple of reasons.  One was that he was going to get to work on the headboard for our room.  Well, he called me Saturday afternoon to tell me that he had finished it and he was pleased with how it turned out.  He sent me a picture (I loved it!) and I could not wait to get back and see it in person:
I think it really ties in the wall color with the bedding and I could not be happier with the finished product.  I am going to make some pillows this week to go on the bed to give it a more finished look. Our next project is the bedside tables.  We plan to do floating shelves that attach to the wall rather than an actual piece of furniture.  This is kind-of what I have in mind...

Like I mentioned before, the house is still a work in progress but it is beginning to come together!  Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment