Sunday, January 23, 2011

Recovering

I had very high hopes for a fabulous weekend. We decided at the last minute to go to Nashville for the weekend so that I could be at my sister-in-law's baby shower. I was so excited that it worked out for us to go. But things turned sour rather quickly.

Friday morning right after I fed Maddox, he threw up EVERYWHERE. I thought maybe he had just gotten choked and didn't think too much of it, since he has been a spitter-upper since day 1. He ate his rice cereal that morning and then ate his baby food at lunch. We got on the road about 12:30. With only about an hour left in our drive up, Maddox threw up again. This time worse. After a call to our pediatrician and explaining the day's events to her (and after realizing that he had not had a wet diaper all day) we were encouraged to take him to the Vanderbilt walk-in clinic. They told us to lay off the formula for a day or so and try to get him to drink pedialyte. Well, we knew this would not go well. He HATES anything different from his normal diet. But we were able to get a little of it in his system and thankfully, he slept great Friday night and seemed to be better the next morning.

Then came the bug for me. I started feeling lousy Saturday afternoon right after the baby shower. It started with just an upset stomach, and then got worse from there. (I will spare you the details!) My wonderful husband and great in-laws allowed me to seclude myself and go off mommy duty for the night. I woke up this morning feeling a little better, but still not 100%. We talked and decided that we should probably head on home just in case Daniel was going to get it. Nobody wants to be traveling with a stomach bug. So we packed up and got on the road about 9:15 this morning. Daniel drove and Maddox and I quickly fell asleep.


About an hour into our trip I woke up and asked Daniel how he was feeling. You see where this is going. Yes, he was starting to feel bad, too!! How terrible can this get?? We switched drivers in Birmingham when we stopped to feed Maddox and I was SO READY to be home!! Thankfully we made it back quickly and my sweet mom volunteered to come get Maddox for the rest of the afternoon so we could get some rest. This is not at all how I envisioned our weekend going.

So here we are, with me recovering and Daniel living the dreaded stomach bug. :( I hope this goes away fast!!


Here is the one picture I got from the shower... I was so glad I was able to be there, despite everything else! Carrie is going to be such a great mommy and there are so many people that are going to love/support sweet little Owen Kate. We can't wait until she is here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment