Monday, October 14, 2013

The First 10 Days

It is so hard to believe that 10 days have passed since Miller entered the world.  I know she will change so much in the first few months, so I wanted to go ahead and document how things are going  because I know that if I don't I will definitely forget. :)  Right now, Miller seems to have fallen into a pretty good schedule.  The first 2 nights at home were the hardest, and the only way we could get her to sleep was with someone holding her.  I spent the majority of those nights in the recliner.  Each night since then has gotten much easier.

Lynn was here the first week and was super helpful!  The 3rd night at home we decided we would try having Miller sleep in her car seat and Lynn offered to take the first shift with her that night.  She was going to text me when it was my turn with her, and I remember waking up at 3:30 in a panic because I had not heard from her.  Miller ended up only waking up once to eat that night, then went straight back to sleep in her car seat.  Starting that 3rd night, she has only been eating once during the night (between 2:00 and 3:00).  We are putting her in bed between 9:00 and 10:00 and she is up for the day anywhere between 6:30 and 7:00.  I am trying hard to establish a set time for her first feeding of the day to help her develop a good schedule and so far it is working well.  Her first feeding is at 7:30.  She is taking 3 ounce bottles right now about every 3 1/2 hours.  From nights 3-6 she pretty much slept in her car seat at night in our room.  After Lynn left last Friday, we moved Miller to her room and have started having her nap and sleep at night in her crib.  Transitioning her to her crib was much easier this time around...


Sometimes she goes right to sleep and other times we have to go back in 2-3 times to put her paci back in, but overall she is doing awesome!  She is no longer sleeping in her car seat at night and I am so glad she has adjusted well to her crib. 

So far she is our most laid-back baby and is pretty go-with-the-flow!  She is very happy during her awake times and really only fusses when she is sleepy or hungry.  We are so happy that she is here and is healthy!  We go back to the doctor on Friday for her 2 week checkup.  I am curious to see how much she has grown!  We are loving our sweet girl!!











1 comment:

  1. I love the first picture! Especially the fact that she sleeps with a bow. I need to get better at the bows, lol!

    ReplyDelete