Saturday, March 23, 2013

Maddox's 3rd Birthday

Today our sweet Maddox turned 3 years old.  I just can't believe it!  Since his birthday fell on a Saturday it worked out so that we could do his party on his actual birthday.  I had been planning for the longest to do it at Tom Brown Park so that's what we did.  This is the last year I plan to do an outdoor party for a while because it poured!  I thought about changing the location of the party to Chick-fil-A at the last minute, but we thought there was a slight chance it would not rain, and I also knew with the amount of kids that were coming, the playplace would be so crowded the kids wouldn't have fun.  So we toughed it out and held our plans.

The party started at 10:00 and sure enough about 9:45 the rain started falling.  As soon as all the kids got there we went ahead and did cupcakes and let Maddox open his presents.  Right after he finished with presents, the rain stopped for about 30 minutes and we brought out towels and dried off what we could.  The kids really didn't mind the rain as much as it bothered me.  They had a great time, anyway, and all things considered the party went really well.  We came home, ate lunch, and then laid the kids down for a nap.  Daniel had to work to get Maddox to wake up just before 6:00.  He was exhausted. 

I didn't take a lot of pictures b/c the day was so crazy, but here are the few I managed to get. I am so thankful for the friends who braved the weather and stuck it out with us.  It really meant a lot!!













 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment