Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Week At Home

Last Monday, the kids and I left for a week-long visit back home.  Daniel was gone to Destin to do a bridge inspection with a few others from his company so we took advantage of the time and hung out in Opelika.  Despite the fact that the weather was much colder than we would have liked, we had a geat visit.  I was able to get together with a teacher friend at Amsterdam for dinner one night, and had several playdates with Maddox's buddies during the days.  Me, Mom and the kids went to the Georgia Aquarium Thursday and the kids really enjoyed that!  I was able to check off some of my favorite eating spots from my list, too: Mike & Ed's BBQ, Amsterdam Cafe, and Veggies To Go.  We even got to be there for Thomas and Tucker's birthday party.  It was a great trip and I am so thankful for the flexibility in our schedule to do things like this.  It won't be long before we are bound by school schedules, so I plan to take advantage every chance we get!

Playing with Oranges... who knew it could be so fun??


Maddox's favorite spot at Nana and Pop's


Loving the Aquarium


Enjoying a snack before the dolphin show


Pop with Maddox and Tucker

1 comment: