Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Maclain Elizabeth Mundie

On Friday, November 25th our sweet little Maclain Elizabeth was born.  Our day started bright and early, at 4:00 am.  Daniel's parents were here to keep Maddox for us and so we headed to the hospital early that morning.  I was scheduled to be incuded at 6:00.  By the time I got back to a room, got changed and the nurses changed shifts, it was 7:45 until they started the pitocin.  I never had pitocin with my first labor, so I was not sure what to expect.  I was handling the contractions pretty well and by 10:45 or so they were still a little sporadic.  The doctor came in broke my water at about 10:50 and I got my epidural at 11:20.  Things really started taking off from there.  They had a little trouble placing my epidural at first and I am not convinced it was working exactly as it should b/c I could feel just about everything.  I could feel when each contraction was about to start and with each one I had a very strong urge to push.  I called the nurse in around 12:30 to make sure everything was ok and sure enough it was time to push.  I started pushing somewhere between 12:40-12:45 and our little Maclain was born at 12:58pm.  She weighed 5 pounds, 13 ounces and was 19 inches long.  She is perfect and we are so blessed to have her in our lives!  Maclain is such a laid-back, happy baby so far and for that I am thankful!  We love her to pieces and Maddox is starting to warm up to her too! :)  The first couple of days he was not so sure but I think he knows she is here to stay now.

She had her first doctor's appointment today and that went great.  She is back up to her birth weight now so that means she is nursing well!  She had lost 3 ounces in the hospital so I am glad she is back to where she should be.  She is one healthy, happy girl and we can't wait to see her little personality develop.  I think she looks just like Maddox did when he was born.  She has very little hair, but the hair she does have is very blonde.  She definitely has her brother's nose and we think she is cute as a button. 

The nights have gone well so far.  She loves to cuddle so that makes her sleeping anywhere other than on one of us very difficult, but at least she loves to sleep, right?  I am having to wake her up for night feedings right now just to make sure she gets what she needs, but the doctor said I only have to do that for another week or two.  I am hoping she will continue to sleep well. 

Well, that's about all for now.  I will add some pictures from her birthday a little later b/c right now I am going to take advantage of Maddox napping and go take one myself.  Check back later for pictures! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad everything went well! Congrats on your sweet little Maclain! I love her name :)

    ReplyDelete