Tuesday, November 1, 2011

19 Months Old

I never got around to doing an 18 month post, so I will tell you what is going on with Maddox at 19 months.  He is the biggest joy and blessing and we love him so much!
-Wearing 18-24 month clothes... although some shirts are 2T
-Has 10 teeth... including 3 molars
-Still in size 5 diaper
-Not a great traveler, unless we use the DVD player
-Only uses paci at nap time now... we weaned him from it at night around 18 months
-Can/will say anything... he repeats everything and remembers things I never dreamed he would be able to remember at this age
-Pretty shy in general, and it takes him a little bit to warm up to new people
-Has to wear extra wide shoes... he does not have very many pairs of shoes for this reason... the ones that come in extra wide are generally pretty expensive and I have to order them
-Transitioned to 1 nap at 18 months old.  I think he would have taken 2 naps for longer, but it just made us getting out and doing things much easier with 1 nap.  He usually naps for around 2-3 hours.
-Sleeps 10-11 hours at night.
-Still likes to be entertained... does not play very well by himself for long periods of time.  He usually wants me right there with him, making it hard for me to get things done other than during his nap time
-Is a very sensitive child... especially if he feels like someone other than me is getting on to him.  He gets so sad and it hurts his feelings pretty badly!
-Is pretty cautious in general.  He checks things out first before he just dives right in to something new. 
-Wants momma for comfort and daddy for rough-housing and lots of fun playtime!
-Repeats things over and over until he feels like you are listening, "I draw, I draw, I draw, I draw...I play, I play, I play, I play..."
-Loves being outside but not super interested in outside toys... mostly wants to play in the dirt with sticks :)
-Obsessed with Baby Einstein "Numbers" DVD right now and he can count to 3 (if we get him started by saying 1)
-Knows most animal sounds and names... really likes owls, bulls and donkeys at the moment.

And finally, Maddox will become a BIG BROTHER this month!  We have talked to him a lot about his baby sister and he really seems to get it more than we expected.  He will point to her things and say, "baby" and will kiss my stomach a lot, too!  We went to a music class at the hospital a couple of weeks ago and this new mom came around the corner with her newborn and he looked at the baby, then at me, and said, "sister?" I think he will do really well as far as being gentle goes.  I am a little worried about him learning to share his mommy but we will get there.  I am excited to see what this month brings! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment