Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Bein' Real

This last week has been hard!  When I was pregnant with Maddox I never felt this anxiety that I have developed in the last week.  It's not anxiety about the birth or anything like that... I am just getting so uncomfortable and am constantly wondering about Maddox and how he is going to handle everything.  I find myself wanting to take a break from him and have some "me" time, but then I feel guilty about that!  I have never obsessed about our house being super-duper clean and have not worried about having "everything" done until now.  Every night when I go to bed, I am worried about having to call someone in the middle of the night and ask them to come over to sit with Maddox until my family can get here.  I am also worried that I will be out in public when I go into labor and if this time is anything like last, that would be miserable. 

I am a fairly patient person, but this last little stretch is killing me for some reason.  I think already having a child at home has a lot to do with it.  I am not as much worried about myself, but I just want Maddox to be taken care of.  And I know that he will.  We have made great friends here that I would be totally comfortable calling and that I know would treat him as their own.  I think I am just nervous about how it all is going to happen.  Being induced is not something I am super excited about, but I feel like it is the best decision for us given all of our circumstances. 

I go back for my last appointment Thursday and I can't wait to hear what the doctor has to say.  I am ready for family to be here to make me feel more comfortable with everything.  Basically I think I am just ready.  I have things to look forward to each day until she arrives, but it is still hard not knowing when that will be.  I never wanted to be an impatient, complaining, pregnant person, but I feel like that's how I have been in the last week or so. 

So... I am determined now to try and have a good attitude about everything and to remember that I am not in control.  Our sweet little blessing will come when she comes, and there's nothing I can do to change that.  Hopefully I will have more to report soon... :)

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel, but you will be just fine and so will Maddox! Just soak up all you can of these last days with him being the only child :) Everything else will fall into place! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way, Katie! I was worried about Noah too, and I'll never forget how you and Daniel came and met us at the hospital and took care of Noah until Jamie and Gorham came and got him :) I remember asking Nick to go check on Noah to make sure he was ok and he came back saying that Daniel and Noah were sword fighting with straws in the lobby! :) I agree with Karah, everything will fall into place :) I'll be praying for you too!
    ~Brooke

    ReplyDelete