Saturday, March 5, 2011

Easter Project

I decided that I wanted to try and make Maddox a jon jon for Easter this year. I was hesitant to try it b/c I thought it would be very hard and I have not done much at all with patterns. But yesterday I went ahead and got the pattern and decided to give it a try. It was not NEARLY as hard as I thought it would be and really didn't take that long considering my lack of experience with this kind of thing. I have never sewn buttons but my newer machine made it almost effortless. I wanted to put an applique on it, but I should have done it before I sewed it all the way together, so for this one, I may have to take it somewhere... and maybe put his initials on it?? I haven't decided yet, but I do know that I am proud of my first attempt!! I think I am gonna get some more fabric and make him several more.

3 comments:

  1. I'd say a boyish monogram or his first name in a blue! But that's just me. I am obsessed with monogram stuff. Also, I just sent you a new facebook comment on this picture. When I just checked your blog and saw this post I was confused and had to go back and re-comment on your picture of this outfit. You'll see what I mean...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this turned out great! you did an excellent job!!

    ReplyDelete