Wednesday, March 30, 2011

1 Year Stats

Maddox had his 1 year check-up today and he did great (except the shots... can you blame him??). He weighed 24 pounds, 6 ounces and was 29 inches long. So he's in the 75th percentile for both. He is very healthy and for that we are so thankful! I had been prolonging weaning him from bottles, but now I guess it is time. She said it's fine that we haven't done that quite yet, but we really need to by 15 months, and absolutely no later than 18 months. I think we are going to replace the bottle with a sippy cup for his morning milk this week, then go from there. I plan to have him totally weaned from the bottle at 15 months. We are also thinking about going ahead and taking away the paci, except for naps and bedtime. He really isn't that attached to it other than those times anyway. We'll see... In other news, he has 4 more teeth coming in on top! We are excited about that and are hoping that might make table food a little easier. She recommended brushing his tongue with a toothbrush, in hopes that it will desensitize his gag reflex a little. I am hoping that works b/c as of now, he pretty much gags on anything remotely healthy that we try to feed him. I know he will get there and I am not worried about it, but it will be nice when he will eat everything we are eating. That's about it for his check-up... *Don't moss another new post below*

1 comment:

  1. Wow, he and my Tucker are almost the exact same size! Crazy! Love and miss yall!

    ReplyDelete