Saturday, October 17, 2009

IT'S A BOY

I am a tad bit late posting this, but Daniel and I found out on Thursday that baby Mundie is a BOY!!! We are so excited that we can't stand it and we have decided to name him Maddox Jeffrey Mundie. We absolutely love the name. His first name is a name that we just both really liked. His middle name is after my oldest brother, Jeffrey, who died 7 years ago. I never knew how difficult it was to come up with a name. You would think as many names as there are in the world that it would be a little easier to choose one, but that was not the case with us. We are really pleased with it though. It makes it all so much more real!! Needless to say, we have spent the weekend being crazy busy making plans for the nursery. I wanted to start with picking out some fabric for the bedding and man is that hard, too. There are not too many places to choose from around here so I may have to venture out of town for the fabric. Also, our house only has 2 bedrooms, so we spent a lot of the weekend moving furniture out so that we can start moving baby stuff in. We cleaned out closets and got rid of some things to try and make room. It is all so much fun. I am trying to decide on a color for the nursery, but I will have to wait until I choose the fabric for the bedding. A friend of mine is making the bedding so I am super excited about that! All of the plans are coming together nicely. I just have to space things out so that I don't have everything done months before Maddox gets here. We will see about that though. I am sure there are plenty of things to do that I have not even thought about yet. I also need to get on some reading. A friend of mine let me borrow the book "What To Expect The First Year" so I am going to start reading that soon. I need to start doing less reading on the pregnancy and more on what to do after he is actually here. I will go ahead and post some of my favorite pictures from the ultrasound. I go back to the doctor on Tuesday b/c we were not able to meet with him after the ultrasound.

The last picture is one of my favorites because I think he was touching his toes! I have also spent quite a bit of time lately trying to choose a travel system. There are so many to pick from and there is one in particular that I have had my eye on since the beginning. No matter how much I look, I keep coming back to it. I think this is the one we have decided on...


It is by Chicco and I have just loved it ever since I first started looking. I love the colors and I feel like they are very gender neutral (keeping in mind future kids). So as of now, this is what we are going with. Also today, I finally broke down and bought a Belly Band. For those who may not know what it is, it is a band that goes around your belly and makes it so that you can wear your normal pants for longer. I am still able to wear my normal clothes, which I am thankful for, but my pants are getting a little tight in the waist. So you wear this band with your pants unzipped/unbuttoned and it makes it to where you can't even tell. I think I am going to like it. Here is what it looks like... (This is not my belly)...

Other things that happened this weekend... last night Daniel and I enjoyed a fun dinner and a movie night. We were going to go to dinner and then go bowling, but after doing so much earlier in the day, we decided to hang out at home after dinner. So we went to Cracker Barrel and we had not been there in forever. It was soooo good! I love going there when it gets close to the holidays because they have so much neat stuff to look at. Then we came home and watched a movie. It was a very fun/relaxing night! Well, I think that's all I have for this post for now. I hope everyone has had a great weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. I hear ya on the hard to pick a name thing!! Naming boy #4 has been extremely difficult for us. I love the name y'all chose though. So sweet. We're all about family names too, which is part of our problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his name! So excited for you! I think your travel system is very cute. Let me know how the Belly Band works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the name! (I cannot believe it's been 7 years!) I think it's so special. Love the travel system too! It must be new bc I don't remember seeing it a year ago! :) And I believe I looked at every. single. one. out. there! Can't wait to meet baby Maddox! You're going to be a wonderful Mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!! Love baby Maddox already. That travel system looks just like you! THat's the one I have just in another style (green of course) and I love ours! Glad yall had a date night! Enjoy it while you can. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete