Sunday, October 25, 2009

Crazy Week/Weekend

This week got off to a busy start right from the beginning! At school this week, I had to have 16 conferences with parents so that I could give out the first 9 weeks' report cards. I really haven't written anything about my class, but I do have to say that I LOVE my class this year! They are the sweetest things and it really stinks that I will not get to be with them the whole year since I will be on maternity leave the last 2 months of school. Anyway, work was crazy this week. There was so much to get done! This upcoming week is Red Ribbon Week and we have to decorate our doors with a "Just Say No" slogan. Thanks to my friend Jamie I ended up with a cute slogan and a pretty cute door if I do say so myself. You can't see all of the details really well, but it turned out better than I thought it would considering the amount of time I had to do it...



On Monday night we went to eat dinner at Cock of the Walk for my brother's birthday and it was so yummy! I have not eaten there since the night of our rehearsal dinner, almost a year ago! My how time flies! Then on Tuesday night, a group of teachers came over for dinner and we had a blast! We try and have a dinner at someone's house at least once a month and this was my month to host it. I look forward to these nights so much because things get so crazy during the workday that we rarely get much time for all of us to talk! The rest of the week slowed down a little bit, but with so many conferences at school and different appoinements in the afternoons I was very much looking forward to the weekend!


A friend of mine that I graduated college with is getting married in December and there was a shower for her Saturday afternoon. I was really looking forward to going because I have not seen her since she came down a year ago for one of my showers. Another reason I was excited about the trip was I got to spend some good quality time with one of my very best friends, Courtney, who lives in Birmingham. We met at the Galleria and shopped and had lunch, and just hung out/caught up and had a blast. I had no idea that there were any actual Gap maternity stores. I was under the impression that you had to order online, so boy was I excited to find out that there is one in the Galleria! I got a great pair of jeans and 2 shirts that I am really excited about! Another thing I wanted to do while I was there was look at fabric for Maddox's bedding. But I ended up running out of time and needed to get back home. Here is one picture from the shower. I have more, but I will have to add them later because my camera is dying...

Then on Saturday night, Tucker got to spend the night with us! We had a great time and he was so much fun! I will have to add some more pictures from the weekend later today. And last, but not least, I think we have decided on a fabric for the bedding. At church this morning, Brooke brought us her fabric samples and we found a couple of prints that we loved. I think they are going to coordinate very well together and I am very excited about the "vision" of the room that is forming in my head. Daniel is sanding the final piece of the crib as we speak and then he'll only have one more piece to sand before it all gets stained. I am so thankful for all of the hard work he has put into this! I think it's going to turn out really nice! Stay tuned for more pictures coming later...

No comments:

Post a Comment