Thursday, March 15, 2012

Success

Maddox's first day of Mother's Day Out was a success... hallelujah!  He woke up very excited about "cool" as he calls it and could not wait to go.  We packed his backpack and headed out the door a little before 9:00.  Those of you that know my child very well know that he is VERY clingy, so I was nervous about how it would go, but I knew that it would be good for him at the same time.  The poor thing thought all along that I was staying, too, so you can imagine the tears that flowed when I "handed him over" to his teacher.  I knew that he would calm right down a little while after I was out of sight and thankfully I was right.  I had to go right across the hall to fill out some paperwork and pay for his stay, and sure enough, by the time I left he was doing just fine.  Maclain and I ran some errands and enjoyed having some girl time together.  We went to Hobby Lobby to get some more supplies for Maddox's party, went shopping at Old Navy, checked out a consignment store, went to the fabric store, and before we knew it, it was time to go back and get Maddox.  The teacher brought him out to the pick up line and put him in the car for me.  She was very complimentary and said he talks very well for his age :).  She said once he got used to everything he played really well, although he continued to call my name over and over (he does this at home, too).  I really enjoyed my time away and I think he did too.  Yay for a sucessful first day! :)
Ready to go!

St. Patrick's Day hat that he made
First "Report Card" :)

1 comment:

  1. He does talk well for his age! Annaliese even commented on that last night, did you hear her? :)
    So glad he enjoyed his morning, and you did too!

    ReplyDelete