Thursday, February 9, 2012

Dave Ramsey Envelopes

A while back, I mentioned that we were doing the Dave Ramsey plan.  Part of this plan is paying for everything out of cash envelopes.  When we first started, I just used plain, regular envelopes.  By the end of the month they were so ragged and worn-out looking.  I wanted to do something cute... so I made my own envelopes.  We only do 3 envelopes... groceries, restaurants, and miscellaneous.  Obviously, the miscellaneous category is a big one since it is anything "extra" for the month... shopping, gifts, random things, etc... 

The first time I made the envelpoes, I only had time to make 2 of the 3, so for the 3rd I used a plain envelope (for the restaurants category).  After accidentally leaving the envelope at Chick-fil-A last night after dinner, I decided it was time to make one for restaurants that would stand out a little more and not blend in to the white napkins on the table.  I went ahead and remade all of them so they would match.  I also decided to monogram them this time so it's easier to tell which envelope belongs to which category.  I love how they turned out...

3 comments:

  1. LOVE THOSE! SO cute! You are so talented! I have already gotten SO many compliments on the quilt that you made for Lucy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! They are just adorable! I have only made 1 envelope for our "food" category, but I need to make another for our "misc". You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute... so are the dresses you made in the post above. Coming from a non-crafty person, you make me a little sick. Haha. Besides, has anyone told you that you have 2 kids now... where do you find the time?!?! ;)

    ReplyDelete