Thursday, June 9, 2011

Crib Bedding Ideas

We decided that we are not going to move Maddox to a big bed before baby #2 is born. He sleeps so good in his crib, and the last thing I want to do is confuse his sleeping habits 2 months before the new baby is born. But we also did not want to buy a 2nd crib. So, my great friend Lydia's sister had a crib that she wanted to get rid of, so she gave it to us. How sweet was that??? Plus, it is white, so it will give the nursery a different feel than Maddox's room since we did dark furniture for him. I have been thinking for a while, now, that I want to make the new bedding since Maddox will still be using his. I may have narrowed the fabric choices down. Here are the 4 fabrics I will most likely use if we have a girl...






And here are 2 I want to use if we have a boy. I will probably add 2 more fabrics, but will pull solid colors from the main print.





I was reading a friend's blog the other day and saw some crib bedding that she made and it really inspired me to make it! The bumper we have now is 1 long piece, but the new one would be 6 pieces, all tied together. Here is a close up of the general look of this kind of bumper. Isn't it super cute??
I am not going to make a blanket since we still have never used the one that came with Maddox's bedding. So all I will make is the bumper and skirt. I think I better get started as soon as we find out what we are having because I have a feeling it is going to take me a while!!

1 comment:

  1. You can totally do it! I love your fabric choices and can't wait to see how it turns out. Email me if you ever have questions on the tutorials. I'm kind of dreading getting started on mine but I know that once I finish it I'm going to be so proud!

    ReplyDelete