Friday, June 10, 2011

A Big Deal

This picture is not nearly as big a deal to anyone reading this as it is to me. But trust me... this IS a big deal! We have had serious eating habit issues since Maddox has been off of baby food. I am talking NO fruit of any kind and NO vegetables of any kind. Period. End of story. The word picky does not do this situation justice. But I have to say, once we figured out that he does not want small pieces of anything, it got better. He wants the whole thing... whatever it may be. He still will not touch a vegetable, but he will eat fruit now. At least now he will eat grapes, apples, a few bites of banana, and a few bites of strawberry.

I vowed a couple of weeks ago that we would do a "boot camp" of sorts. The plan was that he would get what he gets for dinner... whatever we are having... and if he doesn't eat it, then he does not eat. I know it may sound cruel, but we can't give in to his every wish. That will create a monster. So I have to say, we are making progress. Last night he didn't want spaghetti, which was what we were having, and instead if eating any of it, he played with it, careful not to put ANY into his mouth. It was pretty funny actually. But nonetheless, that was all he was offered. Our doctor told us that if he gets hungry enough he will eat anything and I believe her. Maybe vegetables will be next??

No comments:

Post a Comment