Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Meal Planning

I have been meal planning for a couple of years now. I started off just planning for a week at a time, and have now moved to around 2 weeks at a time. We used to stick to it pretty well, but now it seems that things always end up coming up and we don't have the exact thing I had planned each night. It's not really that big of deal, though, because I still end up cooking the things I bought, maybe just on different nights. I usually do my shopping on Wednesday mornings since I am off work, and I try to plan it for early in the morning when Wal-Mart is less crowded. I used to do more couponing than I do now, but I still feel like we eat for pretty cheap every week. We rarely eat out anymore, and I have to say I don't really miss it. So, I did our shopping this morning, and thought I would share our upcoming "menu". I try my best to plan around things we have on the calendar and it ends up working out pretty well:

Wednesday - Leftover Chicken Alfredo
Thursday - Porkchops/Corn Casserole
Friday - On the Grill: Burgers and Fries
Saturday - Crunchy Beef Bake Casserole/Lima Beans
Sunday - Leftover Crunchy Beef Bake
Monday - Brunswick Stew/Cornbread
Tuesday - Leftover Stew
Wednesday - Chicken Pot Pie
Thursday - Leftover Chicken Pot Pie
Friday - Family Eat Out Night
Saturday - Share Group Progressive Dinner
Sunday - Sandwich Night
Monday - Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Noodles
Tuesday - Leftover Chicken and Noodles

I love getting new recipes from friends and trying them out. On this particular menu, I have never made the Chicken Pot Pie or the Creamy Chicken and Noodles recipes. One I got from a friend at work, and the other came from my slow-cooker cookbook. If you want to share your favorite recipe, feel free to leave a comment. Also, let me know if you would like one of these recipes. I love to share :)

2 comments:

  1. I have always admired your meal planning menu and how well you stick to it! We have such a hard time sticking to our schedule because of how busy we are with work and school. But, I would LOVE to have a few recipes from you. If you wouldn't mind sending me the recipes for the Brunswick stew, Creamy Crockpot Chicken & noodles, and the enchiladas you cooked for us one night a while back. Thank you so much Katie!
    birdjamie@ymail.com
    PS-whenever you get a chance...no rush! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love the chicken pot pie and creamy chicken and noodles recipes :) We keep saying we need to figure out new things to make because we always make the same stuff over, and over, and over. I have a good easy recipe. It's called spaghetti pie. I also have a really good "enchilada casserole" one, which really its enchiladas with this good cream sauce. I'm a pretty picky eater (as in I don't like a lot of things) so you know it's good if I like it! If you'd like either of those recipes let me know. I'd probably message them to you on facebook.

    ReplyDelete