Sunday, September 27, 2009

Kids Clothes Connection

So, on Thursday afternoon, I went with a friend of mine to the Kids Clothes Connection. I had never been before so I had no idea what to expect! I had some people tell me that they found great things there, and some people tell me the total opposite. Boy was I blown away! Waiting to go in was what I would imagine black Friday to be the day after Thanksgiving (I don't get into all of that!) We waited to get in the buliding and the line was forever long. Boy was it worth it though. I knew that I was not going for clothes since we do not know yet what we are having, but I wanted to look at other things and get some ideas. Well, $120.00 later, I came home with some pretty great things as far as I am concerned. We got a highchair, a vibrating bouncer, a Bumbo seat, an exersaucer, an infant bathtub, and a playmat. I could not believe how much stuff was packed in there. And it was a huge building anyway. Then Daniel and I went back on Saturday and we got a crib mattress and some videos for my classroom. I am so excited about the things we got and I can't wait to be able to use them! Now we just have to figure out where to store them in the meantime! Here are the pics of our purchases (minus the mattress).
Then on Saturday, we got to spend most of the day with Tucker. I got a cute picture of him eating lunch at Jim Bob's.




Also this weekend, Daniel has been sanding furniture getting ready to stain it. He has been working so hard and I am so thankful for him! His birthday is on Tuesday and we are getting a new front door for his birthday. So we went to Lowe's Saturday and picked out a door and will hopefully be getting it this week. Speaking of doors, ours looks terrible so I decided that I wanted to do something with it even before we get our new one. Well, at our wedding, we had the most beautiful wreaths hanging on the front doors of the church and we have had them sitting at my parents' house ever since. I decided that it was finally time to hang them. I figured it would make our door look somewhat better while we are waiting on our new one. So this afternoon, I hung the wreath and I think it looks great! Of course, it will look so much better on the new black door, but this will do for now. We are having a large crowd over tonight and I wanted something pretty on the door to spruce things up a little bit. So anyway, here is a picture of the door...


Speaking of the large crowd coming over, I better go get things ready! Have a great week! :)




1 comment:

  1. Hey Katie! I just found your blog. Cute design! And I've been meaning to tell you forever... Congrats on being pregnant! You guys will make great parents. My boys love your class (when we can get there) and have enjoyed having you as their teacher. I'm going to add you to our page so I can keep up!

    ReplyDelete