Sunday, September 20, 2009

Date Night and Such...

This weekend was a fairly eventful one for us, but it was so much fun! Friday night was our date night and I had been looking forward to this all week! Daniel and I are going to try and alternate who plans the date nights so that one of us is not doing it every time. This time was mine. Some of you may not understand my obsession with this particular restaurant, but I absolutely love Steak N Shake. I mean I LOVE it! I am not an expensive restaurant kind of girl. Take me to Chick Fil A or some other place that has fabulous chicken and I am oh so happy. But there is not a Steak N Shake in town so we have to drive to Columbus when we decide to eat there. So that is where we went on Friday night and it was amazing! I am finally really beginning to notice an increase in my appetite now, so we might be making more frequent trips there in the near future. If I have craved anything so far, it has definitely been french fries which I am sure I will pay for later. And who could not love Steak N Shake's fries?? One of a kind!



Anyway after we left there, we drove over to the movie theater to see if anything was playing that we really wanted to see, but there wasn't. But on the way to the theater, I noticed a Motherhood Maternity. So we ended up going there and spending some time browsing. It was a really nice store, and my first time ever in one so I was glad that we stopped. They have a lot more to choose from than any other maternity store I have been in so far so that was a lot of fun!


After we left Motherhood Maternity, we topped off our night with some good ol' fashioned Krispy Kreme donuts. What a perfect end to an already fabulous night! We ate one there and then brought one back for breakfast. So that was the end of our date night. Then we headed home and were already getting excited about Saturday because my parents gave us tickets to the Auburn game for that night. Daniel and I have never been to an Auburn game together and it has been over 2 years since either of us has been to a game period. So we were excited to go. The only thing I was not looking forward to was the time of the game being so late. It was not supposed to start until 6:45 and if you know me, you know that I am not a late night person. We are usually in bed by 9:00. Truth be told I could probably go to bed earlier than that some nights. But in our defense, we are up by 5:30 AM during the week. Anyway, I had to do some serious napping on Saturday to prepare myself for the adventures that lay ahead that night. We left about 4:15 and headed over. We had tickets to the hospitality tent before the game so we were able to go over and eat. The setup was very nice! They had a huge tent and lots of tables set up, with tv's showing other football games for people to watch. Longhorn catered it and it was very nice! After we ate, we were walking over to the stadium when we ran into a good friend of ours, Brad.



I don't think we have seen him since our wedding so it was nice to run into him and catch up a little bit! It is crazy how many people we knew with SO MANY people there in the first place. We were running into people left and right! So we finally made it to the stadium and had not even gotten to our seats when the bottom fell out. I mean it poured unlike anything I have seen around here in a long time! So about 1/3 of the stadium was cramped into the overhang area right outside the stadium where they sell the food and things. We waited and waited and kept hearing that they were not going to begin the game until at least 3o minutes after the last lightning strike that was within 6 miles of the stadium. So to make along story short, we left the game (before it started) and decided to go and watch it at home. We had set the tv to record it before we left so when we got home, we started it from the beginning and were happy campers in the the comfort of our own home. Maybe next time. As great of a game as it turned out to be, I do not regret our decision at all. I did not have to pay 7.00 for pizza and 4.00 for a drink. Instead I was able to eat what I wanted and not stand in line to use the bathroom. Not a bad deal if you ask me.


When we got up this morning, we went and picked up our nephew for church and had a great time! We love spending time with him! We ate lunch at Outback and then headed home. I did not get any pictures of Tucker from this morning, but I will post a fairly recent one of him anyway!


And last I will end with my 12 week and 13 week belly pictures. I hesitated to even post my 12 week because to me, I just look fat, not pregnant, in the picture. But that's all a part of it I guess. So here goes... P.S. I may have decided to take bare belly ones so that you can tell actual growth better. I did it with week 13 so we will see. Anyway, everyone have a great week!





1 comment:

  1. I think you're having a boy!! I DEFINITELY craved french fries above all with Tyler!! ;) Can't wait till you find out!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete