Tuesday, April 17, 2012

More Travels

We have been on the road a lot lately and this past weekend was no exception.  The kids and I left Thursday morning to go back home.  I helped with one of my BFF's (Lydia) shower.  She is due June 1st with her 2nd baby boy, Levi.  We can't wait to meet him!

On Friday, we went to Callaway Gardens with my mom and grandmother.  It was a crazy trip to say the least.  We wanted to take Maddox to the Butterfly Center and I have to admit, I was disappointed.  It did not help at all that he didn't want to sit in the stroller... he wanted only my mom to hold him... not to mention that it was 185 degrees inside the building, and my mom was also pushing my grandmother in a wheel chair.  The doors in that place are not very stroller friendly, either!  It was way more stressful than it was worth, but Maddox did seem to enjoy seeing the butterflies.  We were not there for very long when we decided to head to the playground.  The signs were horrible, and we ended up lost.  When we finally figured out where to go, the gate we needed to go through was locked shut.  In the meantime, both Maddox and Maclain had fallen asleep... Needless to say, we called it a day and headed home.

Up close

Trying to "reach it!"

Just hangin' out... covered in spit-up

Sleepy Girl! :)

We spent some time just hanging out at my parents' house doing all of Maddox's favorite things.  He is obsessed with feeding apples to the horses across the street so we did just that...

Getting out the apples
Maddox decided he wanted Pop to do it...

Sweet, sweet girl!
On Friday night me and a couple other girls threw a spa night shower for Lydia.  It was a blast... we all wore pajamas and ate dessert.  We had manicure and pedicure stations set up, and we even had a masseuse come by from Aromatherapy and give massages.  It was such a fun night celebrating with Lydia!

Hostesses and Guest of Honor :)
Lots of candles to set the mood
Dessert!
On Saturday we got to attend Cooper's 2nd birthday party... Maddox was glad he got to go and wanted to help Cooper open all of his presents!




Birthday Hugs :)
Getting instructions from Remle
Helping Cooper
We had a great weekend, but it will be A WHILE before I travel again with both kiddos alone.  I just don't think my nerves can handle it again for a long time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment