Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

Daniel has been playing on a church-league softball team and when the games are early enough, Maddox and I like to go out and watch him play. I have said this whole season that it will be so much easier to do thing like this with him when he is walking. People tell me I am going to eat my words, but I stand by them whole-heartedly. This child does NOT want me to sit and hold him all the time, or any of the time really. He wants to be DOWN and on the go all the time. Therefore, when he can walk, he won't be crawling in the nastiness at the park or at the softball field, or any other place for that matter. I may be getting my wish soon enough b/c today he has been taking 5-7 steps at a time. Yay!!!









2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! I was also just telling Brantley tonight how I'm tired of people saying,"When she's walking you'll be wishing she wasn't!" I'm so ready for her to walk for the same reasons as you. I'd rather her be able just to get down and go instead of needing our help. Also, the fact she still isn't crawling either has a lot to do with it. I'm ready for her to do at least SOMETHING. Haha. That's great he's taking that many steps! She literally falls forward if we let go. She doesnt even attempt it or standing on her own. Oh well. Someday.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl.. You will be so much happier when he walks! People told me that too, but that is NOT the case! I love when they start walking! Tucker is almost there and I can't wait. It's so much easier! :)
    He's precious!! Hope you're feeling good! Love you!

    ReplyDelete