Friday, November 5, 2010

Etsy Adventures

So I decided to take the plunge and start an Etsy store. I hope that this was a good decision... I guess I will know soon enough. I figured I have nothing to lose because it only costs .20 to list an item. I am trying to figure out how everything works, how to make a banner, etc... There are a lot of things I don't know, but I guess I will learn. I have been thinking so much lately about how to sell my things. I definitely can't afford to have my own store, nor would I want to spend all of my time there. Craft shows are great, but let's face it, it took me 6 months to make everything for syrup sopping. Last Saturday a girl from a local children's boutique came by my booth and asked if I would be interested in sewing for them, which sounds great, but I am undecided about this, too. I don't want to limit myself to only being able to sell to people who go in this one store. I love selling to friends, and I still want to be able to do that. An online store seems like a good choice. A friend of mine designed a logo for me and I am going to try and use it for my Etsy banner. Maybe I will get all of this figured out soon. In the meantime, I am having a blast learning to sew new things.

I went to a local sewing shop today and looked into a Janome 350e monogram machine. Man, how I would love to have one of these. They are a bit pricey, but would do everything I am interested in a machine doing. I think it would be so much fun to be able to monogram things for friends, our kids, and even incorporate it into a business. Probably not going to happen anytime soon, but a girl can dream, right?? :)

Once the etsy site is up and running, I will post a link to it! Have a great weekend! :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting! I'm sure you will do great with your etsy shop...your things are so cute! we are getting my sewing machine this weekend. So nervous, but so excited!! :) Let's try to get together soon. Y'all need to come over. We'll talk soon! :)

    ReplyDelete