Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Back On The Bandwagon

We jumped back on the potty training bandwagon this weekend and this time I can safely say we are not falling off.  Daniel had Monday and Tuesday off for New Year's and we decided it would be the perfect time to tackle the inevitable.  We pulled out the underwear and did half a day Saturday after my parents left, half a day Sunday after church, and all day Monday and Tuesday.  I have to say, I am super proud of our big boy.  He has had a few accidents since we started, but not very many at all.  He will sometimes tell us when he needs to go, but mostly we just take him every hour or two.  He can hold it a pretty long time which is a good thing.  We even ventured out for lunch yesterday in his big boy underwear and he stayed dry the whole time.  I have been worried about how being out in public would go b/c ever since we tried back in the summer he has been scared of the big potty and would only talk about going on the little one.  For whatever reason, he decided he was over his fear and will gladly sit on the big potty now.  Thank goodness.  I really was not looking forward to taking our potty with us everywhere (although I would have).  We are still doing diapers for nap and bed times, but he did stay dry during his nap yesterday so we'll see how it goes.  I am one happy Momma!

The cutest sight ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment