Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Disney World

Almost 2 weeks ago we took a trip down to Disney World.  My parents came down on Tuesday night and spent the night with us.  We left Wednesday morning and drove to Orlando. It is only 4 hours from Tallahassee (with no stops) and we had a great ride down.  I was not sure how Maddox would do since he is still pretty young, but he amazed me.  He loved every second of it and was a lot more fearless than I expected him to be.  He rode everything he was tall enough for and was begging for more.  I am so glad that we went and I know there will be many more trips in our future (at least while we are living so close!).  Florida residents get in for a steal so you really can't beat it! 

We spent Thursday at Islands of Adventure in Universal Studios.  I had never been to this section of Universal before and I was impressed.  They had several things for younger kids and Maddox loved it all!

Getting ready to go into the park
Wil and Thomas :)


Maddox's favorite part... watching everybody get wet on the boat
Sharing popcorn with Pop
Where Maclain was happiest...

On Friday we spent the day at Magic Kingdom.  I had not been here since I was in middle school, and it was every bit as awesome as I remember.  I did not take many pictures on this day for some reason...

Teacups!!
About to ride Dumbo
Waiting in line... our longest wait was about 25 minutes

While Maclain was a trooper the entire time and mostly slept in the moby, my parents graciously offered to keep her at the house Saturday so Daniel and I could take Maddox to Animal Kingdom and really focus all of our attention on him.  It was so nice of them to do that and we LOVED Animal Kingdom.  I had never been so I had no idea what to expect.  Everything was on Maddox's level and it was a lot more low-key and less crowded than Magic Kingdom.  I would highly recommend Animal Kingdom for younger kids (especially animal lovers). 

Getting ready to go in
Checking out all the fish
Looking at the ginormous Rhino
On the Safari
Kissing the big dinosaur
Bein' crazy while Daddy rode a roller coaster
Getting one last look on our way out of the park... so sad!!

I knew this trip was going to be a lot of fun, but it far surpassed all of my expectations.  It was so amazing to see everything through Maddox's eyes and I am so thankful we were able to go on this trip.  Maddox was a trooper and did so well!  Here are a few more pictures I took at the house where we stayed...

Eatin' some pizza
Wanting to get in the pool so bad!
Rise and Shine!! :)
How can he sleep like that???

3 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! Looks like y'all had a great time!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha...love the picture of Maddox wanting to get in the pool. Sweet cheeks. :) Can't wait until we make it there too! - April

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to make that trip! Maddox sounds like he did SO well for his age. There's no way Ainsley would be that good :) Glad you all got to go and have grandparents there too. Loved looking at your pictures! Sweet beautiful kiddos. (And I have no idea how Maddox was asleep like that!)

    ReplyDelete