Tuesday, May 29, 2012

6 Months

Our sweet little girl is 6 months old, now.  I am loving each new stage she is entering and try not to dwell too much on stages that have passed.  She is a true joy and we are so blessed to have her!


She went to the doctor this morning and here are her stats:

Height: 25 1/2 inches (30%)
Weight: 16 pounds, 8 ounces (60%)
Head: 42.2 cm (50%)

She is such a happy, laid-back baby and is pretty go-with-the-flow.  Here are a few things I want to remember:
-Has been sleeping through the night since about 5 months.
-Takes 4 seven ounce bottles a day
-Wears size 3 diapers and 6 month or 6-9 month clothes
-Jabbers a lot
-Prefers to sleep on her tummy and rolls all around on the floor
-Puts EVERYTHING in her mouth!
-Eats baby food really well, but does not like green beans or peas yet
-Has started sitting unassisted for longer periods of time
-Loves to smile

I started last week making a little bit of baby food myself.  This is not something I would normally care that much about doing, but since Maddox is SUCH a picky eater, I thought I would give it a try with Maclain and see if it helps her transition to solid foods better.  I started with sweet potatoes and they were a piece of cake to do myself.  I am going to try some others this week.  She liked them a lot, so that's a plus! 

Homemade Sweet Potatoes
I saved most of the store-bought baby food containers that we have used so far and have been using them for the homemade food.  I hope she likes the other things I make!

No comments:

Post a Comment