Thursday, October 27, 2011

We Have A Plan

I went back to the doctor today for my ultrasound.  They wanted to check my fluid levels and check to see how much our baby girl is weighing right now.  The fluid levels were really good and as of now, she is weighing right at 4 lbs., 11 oz.  My doctor said she is right on track to weigh about what Maddox did when he was born... 6 lbs., 10 oz.  They did the Group B Strep test and also checked for dilation.... right now I am 1 cm dilated and he said my "cervix is very soft".  Sorry if that is TMI but there ya go!  He also asked if we had thought any more about induction and I told him that we wanted to go ahead and be put on the schedule for 39 weeks.  I feel better having a plan since we don't have family in town that can come right over and tend to Maddox should I go into labor in the middle of the night like last time.  She could very well come on her own before then, but if not, it looks like we will have a November baby rather than a December one.  I am scheduled to be induced the day after Thanksgiving, November 25th.  Now that we have a plan she will probably choose something different just like her brother did.  The day after we set up the induction with Maddox I went into labor on my own, so we will see what happens.  Now I am trying to decide whether I should go ahead and travel to Opelika next weekend for my shower like I was planning to.  I guess I will have to play it by ear and see how things go. Either way, we will have our little girl in 4 weeks or less!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment