Saturday, October 1, 2011

Thankful

This has been one C.R.A.Z.Y. week for us and I have to say, I am not sad to see it go!  It all started Tuesday evening when we realized that our air had quit working.  Boo!  It has been in the 90's all week this week so you can imagine how brutal it has been.  To make a very long story short, we are still without air and I am not sure how much longer we will be.  Hopefully it will be fixed toward the beginning of the week (I am hoping for Monday!).

Then, I experienced the scariest moment of my life on Friday since I have become a mother.  I was on my way to take Maddox to this new music class that I have been wanting to try out.  On the way he started coughing and got choked a little and threw up.  This is very normal for him b/c he has always had a terrible gag reflex.  So I pulled over to see how bad it was and decided that we needed to head back home.  We pull into the garage and I start taking his car seat apart so that I can wash it.  In the meantime, Maddox came across a spray bottle of Rain-X Bug and Tar Remover in the garage and sprayed it into his mouth, and all over his chest and face.  I knew he had swallowed some because he immediately dropped the bottle and came running to me coughing.  At first I was not sure what he had sprayed but I could tell it was some sort of chemical by the smell.  I immediately went into panic mother mode and scooped him up and frantically started looking for my phone.  I called 911 and they transferred me to poison control and the lady calmly talked me through what to do. Maddox ended up being fine, but I was a wreck!  I felt so terrible and could not believe I had let that happen.  The poison control lady even called back a little later to check on him and make sure he was still ok. 

So, even after the horrible week we had last week, I am still thankful.  I am thankful that Maddox is ok and that he was not hurt.  That situation could have been a whole lot worse.  I am also thankful for the cooler weather we have had today since we are STILL without air.  We have had a nice, quiet family day today complete with a breakfast date at Chick-fil-A and grocery shopping.  We got to enjoy a nice dinner with some friends and are looking forward to church tomorrow.

One thing I forgot to mention in all the craziness of the week was that my super cute husband had a birthday Thursday.  He is absolutely the most low-maintenance guy in the world and he didn't want a big hoopla.  But I have to say how thankful I am for him and his hard work ethic, honesty, and loyalty.  I love him more than words can say and I am so glad I get to go through this life with him! 

Happy October!!

2 comments:

  1. Completely understand your panic over the spray. I had to call poison control a few months ago when Benjamin started crawling because he ate part of a house plant that I found out was poisonous. He was fine, but still really scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I'm glad everything is okay (besides the a/c) and hope you have a much better and cooler week this week!

    ReplyDelete