Monday, April 18, 2011

Looking Up


Well, things may be starting to look up on the job front. Daniel had 2 interviews on Friday and both went really, really well. The first was with a company in Tallahassee, FL that he has been interested in for a really long time. The CEO of the company was in Auburn for the weekend and met with him while she was here. After the interview she said she wants him to come to Tallahassee to meet some of the other employees in the company. That was great news!! Then that afternoon he had a phone interview with a company in Richmond, VA and that interview went well also. They want to fly him up to Richmond in early May to meet with them again. We booked our flights and we will be headed to VA soon. While Daniel is interviewing again, I will be scoping out the town and seeing the sights... sounds pretty fun to me! He should be hearing from the FL company this week to set up a trip to Tallahassee. It is all very exciting b/c Daniel has worked sooooo hard to get where he is, and I truly feel like he deserves the job of his dreams! I can't wait to find out where we will be living. I have to admit, I have already been scoping out houses in both places...


Tallahassee, FL



Richmond, VA


The thought of moving is pretty scary to me since I have lived in the same small town my entire life. But I can't let that hold me back. Staying here really is not much of an option, and I desperately want Daniel to have a job that he loves. I know it will take some getting used to, but I am sure that things will be fine. I am hoping that we can find a great church with several couples in our age/stage of life. That is what has been so wonderful about being here. Our very best friends go to church with us and I feel that is so important to really feel connected... especially as a mom. I can't wait to see where we end up!!


2 comments:

  1. Katie...that is GREAT news!! 2 interviews is amazing!! i am so happy for you guys...but sad for us. :( i can't wait to find out what happens and we will keep y'all in our prayers. In 1 short year, Gorham and I will be in the exact same situation!! SCARY!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited to hear that news! You know I would love you to be close to me, but I also think you would love Tallahassee, just make sure you don't start liking the Noles. :) But I have a couple friends there that love their church, and maybe you would too? Who knows. Praying for yall and can't wait to hear an update! :)

    ReplyDelete