Monday, April 26, 2010
Saturday, April 24, 2010
On Thursday night the group of teachers that I work with got together for dinner like we always do each month. One of my good friends had twins 2 weeks after Maddox was born and I had to take this picture of them all sleeping soundly right next to each other in their car seats. Aren't they precious??
We go to the doctor on Monday for his first check-up so I will post more info on that later! Have a great weekend! :)
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Friday, April 16, 2010
1) Pampers Sensitive Baby Wipes - Right now thses are the only wipes Maddox can tolerate. I was using a different brand and he had a terrible rash that would NOT go away. The day I ran out of those wipes and started using the Pampers Sensitive the rash went away immediately. I LOVE these wipes!
2) Pampers Swaddlers - Again, Pampers seems to be our brand of choice. We've only tried one other brand, but there was no comparison! The Pampers Swaddlers work so much better for us and hold a lot more than the other brand we used. I am a huge fan!
3) Sleep Positioner - The first few nights were a struggle figuring out how/where to get him to sleep at night. After talking to a friend of mine that works in the nursery at the hospital, she suggested trying to put him to bed on his side. We had this sleep positioner and had tried it when we put him on his back, but it really did the trick when we made it smaller and put him on his side. It really keeps him from moving all around and it also helps keep his swaddle intact.
4) My neighbor's swing - Our sweet neighbors have a swing in their front yard right under a tree. Whenever Maddox is fussy, all I have to do is walk outside with him and he goes into a trance. He loves being in the sunlight. Well, there is only so much walking around outside that you can do, so my sweet neighbors have told us that we can use their swing whenever we would like to. Let me tell you, I use this thing multiple times each day! We love being outside in the swing!
5) Medela Pump - This thing makes my life much easier at times. If I am going to be gone during a time that Maddox needs to be fed, this Medela pump comes to my rescue. He can still get my milk but I don't always have to be the one feeding him. I haven't pumped a ton yet, but I would like to start doing it a little bit more.
I am sure that in the coming days/weeks I will discover new favorites. I hope everyone has a great day!! :)
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
We also took Maddox to church for the first time on Sunday. I have to admit I was a nervous wreck about this, but he did wonderful! I had to take him out once to feed him and then he fell asleep and Daniel and I were able to go out to eat and even run in Target for a little bit. Here he is all dressed and ready to go...
We have also been trying to let him spend some time on his tummy. He really seems to enjoy it. Here are a few attempts at "tummy time"...
I can't believe he is already 3 weeks old! He has changed so much in the last 3 weeks and each day gets a little bit easier. I have been so nervous about getting back into a routine of grocery shopping and doing things like that. So this morning I decided to conquer my fear by taking him to the grocery store with me. I waited until I had just fed him, then I took a quick shower, and headed out. I must have been sprinting through Wal-Mart trying to get done in record timing. He only got fussy a couple of times. I would stop, put his passy back in, then he calmed himself and fell asleep. He was a champ! It made me feel good to know that he will be ok in the grocery store with me in the future. By the way, I can NOT get his car seat to fit into grocery carts like I see everyone else doing. I don't know if this is a problem with the brand Chicco, or if I am doing something wrong. Does anyone else have this problem?? I had to put him in the bottom part of the buggy which worked fine, I just had a lot less room for groceries.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
If you can't tell, Maddox is a clone of Daniel. I really don't think he has any of my features at all. But this does not bother me in the slightset b/c I think my husband is as cute as they come! I took him to the Pediatric Clinic on Wednesday just to get a weight check and he is already up to 7 lbs., 9 ounces! I guess he is feeding well! I will try to be better about updating the blog. It is just very difficult trying to balance everything. I am sure it will get easier once we fall into some sort of routine. For now, we are just loving every second of having Maddox and we can't wait to see what the future holds for our family of 3! :)