Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Baths, Church, Tummy Time, and Birthday

We have given Maddox a few baths, now, and he seems to be getting a little more used to them...

We also took Maddox to church for the first time on Sunday. I have to admit I was a nervous wreck about this, but he did wonderful! I had to take him out once to feed him and then he fell asleep and Daniel and I were able to go out to eat and even run in Target for a little bit. Here he is all dressed and ready to go...



We have also been trying to let him spend some time on his tummy. He really seems to enjoy it. Here are a few attempts at "tummy time"...


I can't believe he is already 3 weeks old! He has changed so much in the last 3 weeks and each day gets a little bit easier. I have been so nervous about getting back into a routine of grocery shopping and doing things like that. So this morning I decided to conquer my fear by taking him to the grocery store with me. I waited until I had just fed him, then I took a quick shower, and headed out. I must have been sprinting through Wal-Mart trying to get done in record timing. He only got fussy a couple of times. I would stop, put his passy back in, then he calmed himself and fell asleep. He was a champ! It made me feel good to know that he will be ok in the grocery store with me in the future. By the way, I can NOT get his car seat to fit into grocery carts like I see everyone else doing. I don't know if this is a problem with the brand Chicco, or if I am doing something wrong. Does anyone else have this problem?? I had to put him in the bottom part of the buggy which worked fine, I just had a lot less room for groceries.


And last, but not least, today is Chloe's 1st birthday! I can't believe we have had her for almost a whole year! She has been such a great dog and we have loved having her! Happy Birthday Chloe!!!!!













1 comment:

  1. Love all the pictures of that sweet baby! Yeah, the chicco brand doesn't really fit into anything, so I discovered. I would also have to put him in the bottom of the grocery cart. I also started just taking my baby bjorn and put him in that while I shopped. He did great in it and slept great. Just make sure you have lots of "pads" in because I would often leak through my shirt. Luckly most times I was wearing black and you couldn't tell. :) Just FYI! You're doing great and I KNOW you are an awesome mommy! Can't wait to meet the little man!!

    ReplyDelete