Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Loving Spring Break!

This week is Spring Break for me and I am totally loving it! When I left work on Friday, I tried to get everything prepared as if I was not going back afterwards, even though I have every intention of being there that last week if Maddox has not made his grand arrival yet. The weekend was spent mainly running errands and doing some last-minute things that needed to be done so that was very productive!

I had a doctor's appontment today and everything is looking good! I am 38 1/2 weeks now. I made significant progress at my last appointment but there was no change from last week to this week. I am trying really hard to be patient, and I feel like overall I am doing pretty well! I am finding things this week to keep me occupied and am constantly discovering things that I need to do. I have to admit, there are some naps being thrown in the mix, but I feel like that's much deserved! :) I have finally been having some contractions, but nothing regular or painful yet. I can feel my belly get really tight, but I figure when it's the real deal I will know. I am taking walks with Daniel and Chloe and am just trying to enjoy the last little bit of time Daniel and I have left just the two of us.

I bought a new book today that I began reading and so far I love it. It's "On Becoming Baby Wise" and I had heard about it, but had not read it yet. I am really into it so far. It's all about how to get your baby to sleep through the night so we will see how well it works when Maddox gets here. The book makes some really good points though. Have any of you moms read it? What's your opinion?

Well, I go back to the doctor on Monday, with only 4 days left until my due date, so I will be sure to update you all then. I also need to post a belly picture so that will come soon as well. I hope all my teacher friends are enjoying their Spring Break as much as I am!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling good, and naps are definitely deserved at this point! =) I read babywise... I will say that for my friend's baby, it worked wonderfully! For Cole, so-so. We did end up having to let him cry it out, but I just wasn't ready to start as early as the book says. You will just have to see how it goes with Maddox and with yourself. Some of the principles are really good I think. I just think you have to be flexible too. I also read Happiest Baby on the Block, and I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After Maddox and Baby Weakley arrive, we will have to get them together when you come up to Franklin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read "Babywise" and thought there were some wonderful points. I had great success with Mark sleeping for me. I didn't follow everything to the tee, but I did do some of the things in the book. You have to see how your baby will be naturally and work with that. I have found with so many things that it's hit or miss. I'm not a huge fan of books, but they do help as an outline on raising babies. Good luck with everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with what was said above. The main thing is to do what works for you! Don't let that book, or any for that matter, stress you out and make you feel like you're not doing the right thing. Listen to your instincts and try to use what you feel fits with you, Daniel and sweet baby Maddox. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a huge believer in Babywise. We did it with Trevor and it worked out great. He was sleeping through the night by 12 weeks. I must admit I wasn't as strict as some people I know and it still worked. Sometimes it depends on your baby. You guys will be great parents so don't worry about it. My Mom hated that I was waking him up during the day to eat but it PAID OFF at night.

    ReplyDelete