Friday, February 26, 2010

36 weeks and Showers!

Well, today I am officially in my last month. I am 36 weeks and things are still going so well! I admit, I have my days, but overall this pregnancy has been a great one and I hope it continues to be in these last few weeks. I am in my weekly appointments now and went on Wednesday. Maddox is head-down, which is great news. I have not dilated any, but in a way I think I am glad b/c if he told me that I had, I am afraid I would have it stuck in my head that I will deliver early. And I know better than to start thinking that! So many friends have told me not to get that in my head, and sometimes it is so hard! But I think I am doing pretty good with it. I have 3 more weeks of work (thankfully Spring Break is thrown in there) so there's really not too much time left. My last day of work is on his due date, the 26th. We got his car seat in the car this week and we also started washing some of his clothes. I am working on packing my bag, but the thing is, I am still wearing a lot of the things I want to pack, so that part is hard! But we are making progress! Here is my 36 week belly picture...


So many people have asked me if I am having any contractions, but I don't think I am. At the doctor about a week and a half ago, the doc said that I most likely am, they just are not painful enough for me to notice yet. So who knows. I do get some strange feelings every now and then but nothing that I have thought was a contraction. But what do I know? I am a first-timer.

Last weekend, our showers began and boy was it so much fun! Our sweet share group from church threw us a baby shower and we got so many neat and thoughtful gifts! I am so thankful we have such a great group of friends to celebrate this with. It means so much to both of us! Here are a few pictures from the Share Group shower...


The last picture is me with my lovely hostesses. Thank y'all so much for making this shower so special! I appreciate it so much!!


Then on Sunday, the ladies from the church where I grew up and where my parents still attend gave me a shower. This was so thoughtful of them! They showered us with so many great things! We even got our jogging stroller at this shower! Daniel put it together the other night and we can't wait to use this! Here are a few pictures from the 10th Street shower...




Posting pictures takes me so long! I am thinking there has to be an easier way to do this. Anyway, I am spending a lot of the day at school tomorrow getting all of my maternity lesson plans out and organized. I have already written them, but I just need to get everything in its place just in case I have to go out early for some reason. Also tomorrow we get to spend some time with Tucker so I am looking forward to that. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. You have the CUTEST lil' belly I've ever seen at 36 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking great! Glad you are still feeling so well. Looks like you had some fun showers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable and that belly is oh so cute!! I honestly didn't feel any contractions until right up until, so it's normal! I'm so glad you had great showers. I so wish I could have been at them!! Hopefully soon I will put your stuff in the mail. Love and miss you and can't wait to see little Maddox!!

    ReplyDelete