Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas, Nursery, and Belly

I feel like it has been forever since I have done a blog post, so I have a little catching up to do. Daniel and I got to spend a week in Nashville for Christmas which was a lot of fun! We had Christmas with my family on the 19th, and then headed up to Nashville on the 21st and stayed until the 27th. We got to relax and enjoy spending time with family so that was a blast. While we were there we went to this place in Franklin where you can paint pottery. It was soooooo much fun. I had been wanting to do this since we were there a while back, so we went this time and I think we are going to make it a tradition! Here is a decorative plate that I painted for Maddox. I think it turned out pretty cute if I say so myself. This is before it was glazed and all nice and shiny, but I still love it.


I think the stencil is the exact same font as the one on m&m's b/c that's kind-of what it reminds me of, but oh well. After you paint, you have to leave it for a week for them to glaze it so I don't have the final product yet. I can't wait to get it! I looked up places like that around here and the closest one is in Prattville. I think I am going to have to make the drive and go sometime soon!



I did not take many pictures for some reason while we were in Nashville, but I did get one of me and Daniel...




When we got back from TN, we got to work full force on the nursery. We were so excited to get started and I am so glad that we did! We got so much accomplished and now all we will have left are small finishing touches. Daniel put in LOTS of time and hard work sanding and restaining the furniture and it turned out great! We bought the fabric for the valances and got those done in one day... and the color could not have been any better. I was very worried that we were not going to be able to find fabric the right shade, but it matched perfectly. We also found a bookcase at Angel's Antiques for $18.00 that was the perfect color. I am so happy with it all. I painted the polka-dot letters and Daniel hung them with ribbon. And a good friend of mine painted the canvas with his initials (thank you so much Jamie!). Here is the final product (so far). I am sure there will be little changes here and there. But this is it in a nutshell...


I think all we are missing in the nursery now is little Maddox. Only about 2 1/2 more months to go!! The time has flown by and I already get a little sad thinking about how fast he will grow! And lastly, here is my 28 1/2 week belly. It sure is growing!!



I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!! :)

4 comments:

  1. You're so stinkin cute! I'm so glad we got to see you and visit for a very short while! i love you and miss you and love the nursery. Yall did such a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love everything about his room! Can't wait for Maddox to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the nursery!!! Now comes the hard part of waiting. I remember getting it done and thinking " get here already!" I'm ready!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest room ever! I am so excited for y'all!

    ReplyDelete