Saturday, November 14, 2009

Weekends


Boy do I love weekends! They are so much fun! This one has been no exception. I came home Friday and decided to get to work on some sewing projects I wanted to get done. I had two baby showers to attend this weekend and I wanted to make some things for the moms-to-be. I have been wanting to do a burpcloth, and so finally last night I did my first one. My husband is so much help! He is great with the whole measuring part, which is wonderful because I love the actual sewing part of it. Anyway, these are the 2 projects that I completed...
I went to my sweet friend Brooke's shower this afternoon and I gave her the set in the 2nd picture. I have the other shower tomorrow and I am giving her the set in the 1st picture. I am still new to all of this, but I never realized how much fun all of this sewing could be! I think I am going to try to do a blanket next. I still need to do some brainstorming on that one. It couldn't be too hard (yeah right).

Here are a few pictures from the shower today. There were 4 of us pregnant ladies there and we got a couple of cute shots.






All of us are at different stages in our pregnancy... going from left to right in the first 3 pictures is 39 weeks, 32 weeks, 21 weeks, and 16 weeks. We are all in the same church share group and it is so much fun to get to share in this experience together!
Also this afternoon Daniel and I planted some pansies in our front flower box. I have never been great at keeping flowers alive but I am hoping that this time will different. We definitely needed some color in there so hopefully the life span of these little guys will be longer than in the past.
And tonight, we went down the street to some friends' house for dinner. We are so glad that they have moved in only 4 houses down from us. There will be many fun times ahead I am sure!
Well, I had great intentions this weekend of getting some school work done for the upcoming week, but obviously that hasn't happened as of yet. I do still have tomorrow, but I am kind-of known for my Sunday naps around here, so I am not promising anything. Either way, this has been a fabulous weekend and it's not even done yet. Oh, how I love weekends!





3 comments:

  1. Katie!
    these pictures are so cute! thank you so much for the beautiful things you made for Olive! I can't wait for her to use them! you are doing a great job with your sewing :)
    love, brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie! This is Kiera's friend, Amy. I just saw your blog on hers and was looking at it. You look so adorable! and so happy:) Your sewing looks awesome! It's funny because I have bought some things from Brooke in your pictures-babydarling. I love her little dresses!! I hope you are doing great!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you and your sewing projects. Just wished we lived closer so we could do them together. You look adorable! Love your sweater... Where did you get it? I have no winter stuff, I've got to get on that. Love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete