Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Travels

The weekend before Thanksgiving, Daniel and I went to Nashville to spend some much-needed time with his family. We had not been there since July so we were both so excited to go. It was a great weekend of relaxation, playing cards, eating yummy food, spending time with family, etc... It was so much fun and I am so glad it won't be that long until we go back for Christmas. Here is a family picture that we took while we were there...

We only got to spend 2 days there because I had to come back for 2 more days of work :( Those couple of days working went by very quickly and before we knew it, it was Thanksgiving day! We spent Thanksgiving day this year here with my family and went over to my aunt's house for a great lunch. It is a tradition with my family that every Thanksgiving we go to the movies that afternoon. The movie we saw this year was "The Blind Side". I highly recommend this movie if you have not seen it. I thought it was great! So that night we came home and tried to get things packed because we left bright and early Friday morning to spend the weekend in Gatlinburg for our 1st anniversary!! Our actual anniversary was on the 22nd when we were in Nashville, but we wanted to plan a weekend away, just the two of us, but we couldn't go until the weekend after our actual anniversary. We had a great time, and I am so thankful for such a great husband! The past year has flown by, and I can't wait for many many more! I love Daniel so much and I don't know how I got so lucky! We just got back from our trip a couple of hours ago and I am pretty exhausted! But it truly was a blast! Here are some pictures from our trip...







We went to the Dixie Stampede Saturday night and we had a great time. I had never been before, so I had no idea what to expect! The food was great and so was the show. By the way, I thought we stayed in the cutest little cabin. It was 11 miles outside of Gatlinburg so we really had to plan our outings so we didn't spend half the day driving, but it was well worth it b/c we got a GREAT deal on the cabin. It was so cute and cozy and I would recommend it to anyone! If you have never used VRBO.com you should give it a try! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry we missed y'all while you were here! Wish we had seen you. You are looking so cute! And that picture of the whole family at the top turned out really good. Glad you got to do a weekend getaway for your anniversary and before Maddox gets here. Brantley and I are going on a long weekend trip at the end of December. It will be our "babymoon" and for our 5 year anniversary! I'm looking forward to it. Looks like y'all had a great time. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics and so glad you had such a great time in Gatlinburg. You're cabin was so cute!! That baby bump is looking adorable!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete