Thursday, November 12, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!

This last week has been so busy but it's been so much fun! It all started last weekend. Our good friend Brad came into town and spent Saturday night with us. Daniel and I were both up early Saturday morning cleaning and trying to get the house in order. I totally can not sleep late anymore. I think I can blame getting up at 5:30 every day of the work week for that! But it was good to get going early and be productive on a Saturday morning. We had fun with him over the weekend and we wish we got to see him more often! Then Monday I started my sewing class that I mentioned a couple of posts back. It was a great class, although it was very long! I got there at 4:30 to buy my supplies and it did not end until 9:00. I was exhausted when I finally got home, but I think I learned a lot and I know that I am going to enjoy the rest of the class. I am making a pair of pajama pants so we will see how that goes!

On Tuesday, I took a 1/2 day off of work and my mom and I headad up to Atlanta for our bi-annual shopping trip! We have so much fun and I look forward to this so much. This trip was a little different, though, because I got to shop for Maddox which was soooo much fun! I didn't get too crazy considering he is not even here yet and we have no clue what size he will be, but we did get a few great things for him! Baby clothes shopping is much more fun than I ever realized! I did find great deals on maternity clothes, too. The Gap Maternity in Lenox mall was having a huge sale and I took full advantage of it! We got back late Wednesday afternoon. One of the highlights of the trip was on the way home, we discovered the ORIGINAL Chick-fil-a Dwarf House. Those of you that know me well know that I am hopelessly addicted to some Chick-fil-A. It was so cool because it was so old! All of the ones I have ever been to are so new looking. It was built in 1946 and it was just so neat to me for some reason. Sad, I know! Later that night, the 2nd grade teachers got together and had dinner at Cock of the Walk. We try and have dinner together once a month and this was our eating out month. Usually we all go to someone's house and cook, but this was a nice change of pace. We really enjoyed ourselves!

Also this week, I have been feeling Maddox move like crazy! I feel him every day now and I LOVE that feeling! It was frustrating in the beginning because I was able to feel it and by the time Daniel tried to, he didn't move anymore. But last Thursday night Daniel was able to feel it for the first time. It was so neat for him to feel it too. He has felt it lots of times since then, though. He moves the most at night when I am sitting still or lying down. He is pretty active, though, during the day when I am teaching too. Sometimes when I am teaching and I feel him move, I will just stop and put my hand on my belly, and my sweet class says, "I think Maddox is moving!" They are so sweet and I am going to miss them for the last part of the year!

Finally, today, things are beginning to slow down a little bit. I am hoping for a nice, relaxing weekend. I hope to do some sewing and maybe even some reading. I need to enjoy these last few months of weekends with "nothing" to do! Have a great weekend everyone! PS - I am SO behind on belly pics but I promise to do one this weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment