Sunday, February 16, 2014

A Weekend of Last Firsts

Miller had a big weekend and I feel like I need to document several of her firsts that have occurred.

#1: Sleeping unswaddled
This one was hard for me.  Since around 2 weeks old we have been laying Miller down awake and swaddled.  She has been really good about putting herself to sleep, and for that we have been really thankful!  I was very afraid that once we took away the swaddle she would have a hard time falling asleep on her own.  She started rolling both ways over the last week or so, so we knew it was time.  Last night was her first night without it and she pretty much slept like normal.  She cried for a little while before drifting off, but not for long.  We put up the mobile and she did enjoy looking at it for a little while.  She napped well unswaddled today, and went down even easier tonight.  Thank the Lord!

#2: First Sunday in her big girl seat in Bible class
She has stayed in her Bible class before today, but since she is getting much better about her head control, I decided to put her in the seat with her blanket stuffed in there for support.  I was told she did great and really enjoyed the lesson. ;)

#3: First time in the swing at the park
Miller LOVED swinging!   She would just laugh and laugh at me as I was swinging her and talking to her.  This will make our park trips much easier since I won't have to carry her around everywhere!


And this last one didn't happen over the weekend, but in the last couple of weeks.  Miller loves the exersaucer:
I can't get over how big she seems now!

No comments:

Post a Comment