Friday, December 27, 2013

RSV

About a week and a half before Christmas, little Miller was hospitalized with RSV.  It was so scary, and something I hope I don't have to go through again!  She had been coughing for several days, but on Sunday afternoon she woke up with a 103.2 fever.  I took her in to a new ER that we have in town, and we were taken back immediately.  My friend Rebecca met me there so I wasn't by myself, since Daniel was at home with Maddox and Maclain (we left in a hurry!).  They ran all sorts of tests and quickly determined it was RSV.  They decided to admit her to the hospital, and we were transported via ambulance to TMH.  We ended up staying 3 nights where they kept a close eye on her oxygen levels and respiratory rate.  By Wednesday morning, she was much, much better and we were discharged!  I hated seeing her so sick, but was thankful it was not any worse than it was!

Poor thing shortly after getting to the ER

Not happy about being transported to the hospital. :(

Feeling terrible!

Still so cute!!

Starting to feel much better!


Excited about going home!!
 I am so thankful that my mom was able to drop everything and come down that Sunday night to take care of Maddox and Maclain.  It was so nice for me and Daniel to get to focus all of our time and energy on Miller and getting her well.  My dad came down the day before we were discharged to help my mom out and I really don't think Maddox and Maclain missed us much at all in those 3 days! :)  I am also super thankful Rebecca met me at the ER that night.  I would not have wanted to go through that by myself, and it was so nice having someone else there to ask questions behind me, making sure I didn't miss anything.  After we found out for sure Miller was being admitted, I called our friend Leslie and she was able to go to our house and sit with the kids until my mom got there, so that Daniel could meet us at the hospital.  It is so true that it takes a village to raise kids and we are so blessed to have such a wonderful village here in Tallahassee!

2 comments:

  1. So thankful sweet Miller is all better and at home! And what a blessing to have such sweet, caring friends! Love you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad that sweet little baby is better!

    ReplyDelete