Monday, April 22, 2013

My Time "Off" and Our Weekend

Last Wednesday I drove the kids to Albany where we met my parents and they took the kids back home with them for a couple of days. Then on Friday when Daniel got off work we drove to Opelika and spent the rest of the weekend with everyone.  It was so nice having a couple of days here without having to worry about schedules and other things, but I have to admit I did miss them a lot.  I even had to turn on the sound machine in Maddox's room at night because I am so used to the sound over the monitor.  I can't sleep without it! :) 

On Thursday while I was "off" I got my oil changed and was able to do some reading while I waited, then I met my friend Katie for lunch at Hurricane.  That afternoon I did some grocery shopping and then cooked dinner for me and Daniel at home that night.  After dinner we went to one of our neighborhood lakes and took the boat out for a little fishing.  Daniel did the fishing and I took my Kindle along and was in charge of steering the trolling motor.  :)

On Friday I spent most of the morning glued to the news watching the Boston Bombing coverage, then I enjoyed a quite lunch alone at Chick-fil-A.  That afternoon I did some browsing at JoAnn, where I scored this super cute fabric on sale that I used to make some ruffle pants for Maclain...




We got to Opelika around 9:00 Friday night and had a great weekend there hanging out.  We spent a lot of Saturday afternoon fishing, and I actually caught a few fish myself...













 



It was great to get a couple of days "off" and to see the kids' reactions when we walked in the door Friday night at Mom and Dad's.  While we love our children dearly, I think it's very healthy to spend some time away from them every now and then too!

1 comment: