Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pants

I decided that I wanted to try making Maddox some pants.  I first got the idea fom a friend of mine who was working on some pants for her boys with matching appliqued shirts for their birthday.  Since Maddox's birthday is only a couple of months away, I decided I would give it a try.  My first problem was finding fabric that I liked.  There is so much more cute girl fabric out there than boy fabric, but after visiting our local Bernina store, I found just what I was looking for...

Maddox is really into transportation right now so I knew he would love the print.  I made my pattern from a pair of his pajama pants (b/c I tend to like a flared leg) and I followed the steps found in this tutorial.  It was really easy and straightforward and if I had not cut my elastic too short the first time, they would have only taken about an hour to make. 



Now I am just hoping they fit him! :)

1 comment:

  1. Those are so cute! I love that fabric pattern. Are you making a matching appliqued shirt? If so, I can't wait to see it! I can't believe they are almost 2 :(

    ReplyDelete