Thursday, December 15, 2011

Weight Check

I took Maclain in to the doctor this morning for a weight check.  Since she started off so small I wanted to be sure she is gaining weight like she should.  She weighed in at 6 pounds and 10.8 ounces... which is exactly how much Maddox weighed when he was born.  They said she is right on track and that at this age babies should be gaining 1/2-1 ounce per day.  It gave me the peace of mind that I needed to know that she is nursing well and getting what she needs.  I am so thankful that she is nice and healthy!!




In other news, her umbilical stump fell off a couple of days ago so she got her first "real" bath last night.  She was not a huge fan. :)  It took Maddox's 6 weeks to come off so I am glad it did not take hers that long!  I can't wait until we can bathe them together... it will make our nightly routine a good bit shorter!

2 comments: