Thursday, December 16, 2010

Entering the World...

of monogramming!!! I have been wanting a monogramming machine for several months now and I am so excited b/c we ordered one today! It is a combination sewing and embroidery machine. My poor, sweet husband tried his best to surprise me, but being the stubborn gal that I can be, he had to go ahead and tell me about it. Bless his heart! He tried so hard! I decided several days back that instead of getting the Janome one I originally wanted, I thought it would be best to start out with a less expensive, easier machine. That way I can start doing smaller things and get really good at it and maybe several years down the road upgrade to a different one. I am beyond excited b/c I am thinking adding monogramming to my etsy store will open up a whole new world. We shall see. It is guaranteed to be here before Christmas which means I can take it to Nashville and the girls can play on it! :)

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I am so excited for you. I think it's great that you have one that does both sewing and monogramming. You will love it. I can't wait to see all the cute stuff you produce. It will also open up the possibilities for a lot more applique designs. I have some we can share if you want. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just so happens that I have two new bags just waiting to be monogrammed! I'll bring them with me sometime while y'all are here if you still end up bringing your machine. If we get to them, great; if not, no worries! They were gifts from my kids at school, and one especially will be perfect for Owen Kate's initials. :) Hope you love your new machine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this machine and LOVE it! Make sure and read the monogramming part of the manual over and over again, because it was pretty frustrating for me to figure out at first but once you REALLY follow the rules it works great! (I tend to jump into things instead of reading manuals).

    ReplyDelete