Saturday, August 28, 2010

New Chapter

Monday starts a new chapter of life for our little family! After a lllllloooooottttt of difficult decision making, we decided that I am not going to be working full time anymore. This decision was not made easily, but once it was made, there was no looking or turning back. We are SO excited about this new chapter in our lives and we feel like it was definitely the best decision for our family. There are so many reasons why this was so hard to finally decide, and the one that has eaten away at me the most is that I felt not everyone would be supportive of me. I have to say, though, that I was totally surprised at the amount of support I have received from mostly everyone. I have grown a lot, too, during this process. I have realized that those who love you are going to be there for you no matter what, and boy has that been true! I no longer care about pleasing everyone because, let's face it, that is never going to happen. I ultimately have to do what's best for our family, not anyone else's. It's funny how life teaches you these lessons when you need to learn them.

I was able to take a year's leave of absence, so if I decide to go back next year, the option is there. I am going to be working part time this year, though. I will work at my school on Mondays and Tuesdays from 9-2 so I will still get to see everyone. There are also a couple of other things I am going to do on the side to make up for the lack of full time work. I could not be more excited about this new chapter and I am so ready for it to begin! There are so many moms out there who work and are great at it, it was just not the best decision for us. Maddox and I are going to have a blast this year! Let the fun begin!!

3 comments:

  1. Well, I am very supportive!!! I have missed my friend! Welcome back to SAHM status! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy and excited for you! Maddox is so lucky to have a wonderful mommy who is willing to sacrifice to give him full-time attention. Daniel picked a good one :)

    Now I have got to see all 3 of you soon!!! We must work on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I know that must have been a hard decision, but I know Maddox will only benefit from having his mommy around more! Glad you have been supported and feel some peace about it now!

    ReplyDelete